Tuesday 2 February 2016

Sachin Tendulkar's advice helped me develop as a better batsman: Virat Kohli 


India's star run scorer Virat Kohli believes Sachin Tendulkar's advice to him during the early stage of his cricketing career helped him immensely to develop as a player.The 27-year-old on Monday claimed the top spot in the International Cricket Council's (ICC) latest Twenty20 batting rankings after his stupendous form helped India thrash Australia 3-0 in a three-match series."I started playing cricket because of him (Tendulkar). I was inspired to do things he did for the country. I always visualise myself in those situations. I was lucky enough to be in the same dressing room when I started my career. He really helped me with the little things that I could improve in my game," Kohli was quoted as saying by Cricket Australia's website on Monday."If he saw something he would come up to me himself and tell the areas I need to work on, which is quite rare. People of his stature won't always do that. It always gave me confidence and I got chance to bat with him and have big partnerships. That was the most special thing I could have asked for," the swashbuckling batsman said.

No comments:

Post a Comment